Finding free or affordable legal help:
If you can’t afford legal advice or support in court, you might be able to get free or cheaper help.
You might get:
- legal aid for a serious problem
- free, reduced cost or fixed-fee advice from legal professionals or advice charities
- free legal help from your trade union or other membership organisation
- legal advice with insurance policies
- help to pay court fees – read about help paying court fees on GOV.UK
IOW Law Centre:
The IOWLC delivers the vast majority of it’s casework on an appointment basis (apart from the Housing Court Duty Scheme), and we work with clients on a “face to face” basis, which we find is better for both us and the clients, because we deal with the presenting problem and also address issues behind the presenting problem.
We will keep your information confidiential and will not disclose your affairs to anyone else without your permission, and all IOWLC services are free to the user.
We have a Supporting People team, and can provide home visits for housebound clients who cannot visit the office.
The IOWLC tries to ensure that all have access to its services on an equal basis.
For more information visit iowlawcentre.com
Other Helpful Links: