01983 823898

How to Claim:

Tax credits have been replaced by Universal Credit for most people.

You can only make a new claim for tax credits if you:

  • get the severe disability premium, or are entitled to it
  • got or were entitled to the severe disability premium in the last month, and you’re still eligible for it

If you cannot make a new claim for tax credits, you may be able to apply for Universal Credit (or Pension Credit if you and your partner are State Pension age or over).

Citizens Advice Isle of Wight can support you to make a new claim for Universal Credit, from opening your account to receiving your first full payment.

– Email [email protected] and a local team member will call you back as soon as they can.

– Contact the national Help to Claim team on 0800 144 8 444 to speak to an adviser on the telephone. Lines are open from 8am to 6pm.

– Visit the national Citizens Advice website for a webchat.

Citizens Advice (IOW)

Adviceline: 0800 144 88 48 (free)

Textphone: 18001 0800 144 8884

*Adviceline is open 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday.