How to Claim:
Tax credits have been replaced by Universal Credit for most people.
You can only make a new claim for tax credits if you:
- get the severe disability premium, or are entitled to it
- got or were entitled to the severe disability premium in the last month, and you’re still eligible for it
Citizens Advice Isle of Wight can support you to make a new claim for Universal Credit, from opening your account to receiving your first full payment.
– Email [email protected] and a local team member will call you back as soon as they can.
– Contact the national Help to Claim team on 0800 144 8 444 to speak to an adviser on the telephone. Lines are open from 8am to 6pm.
– Visit the national Citizens Advice website for a webchat.