01983 823898

If you have a problem at work, there is help available on how to tackle it and what to do at each stage, whether you’re sorting things out informally, taking out a grievance or making a claim to an employment tribunal.

The Citizens Advice National Website offers helpful advice on the following work related issues:

Dealing with a problem at work

Find out what you can do if you’ve got a complaint at work – outlines steps you can take.

Using early conciliation

Find out when you must use early conciliation, what it involves and how it affects the time limit for making an employment tribunal claim.

Making a settlement agreement with your employer

Find out how to settle a dispute with your employer without going to a tribunal by using a settlement agreement.

Employment tribunals

Dealing with grievances at work

Information on grievances in the workplace, including what is a grievance, raising a formal grievance, mediation, conciliation and employment tribunal claims.

Letter to raise a grievance at work

Letter to raise a grievance by an employee about something which has happened at work.

Complaint about a problem at work – grievance letter checklist

Basic rules for writing a grievance letter and a checklist to make sure that your letter has all the relevant information.

Dealing with disciplinary action at work

Information for employees who have been disciplined about behaviour, absence from work, or standard of work, including what is disciplinary action, informal solutions, disciplinary procedures, mediation, conciliation and employment tribunal claims.

Disciplinary meetings

Employment tribunals

What help can I get with a problem at work

Information on sources of help to deal with problems in the workplace, including trade unions, legal help, advice agencies and other organizations.

Other Helpful Links:


Citizens Advice:Problems at Work

Gov.uk – solve a workplace dispute

For more advice please contact Citizens Advice IOW

Updated 24/08/2021

Citizens Advice 

Adviceline: 0800 144 88 48 (free)

Textphone: 18001 0800 144 8884

*Adviceline is open 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday