01983 823898

Adult Social Care – Paying for Care

Depending on your savings, investments and income, most people pay something towards their care and support but occasionally we will pay for all of the care needs. The amount you pay depends on your financial circumstances, the type and length of care required.

To find our more visit iow.gov.uk/Residents/Care-and-support/Adults-Services/Adult-Social-Care-Finance/

In our initial assessment of your needs we will decide if you need a financial assessment to be completed. We will then carry out a financial assessment to work out how much you should pay.

If you have a serious physical or mental health condition and you need ongoing care, the NHS may be responsible for providing it free of charge.

This is known as NHS continuing healthcare, and can include a place in a care home or a care package to help you continue living in your home.

Even if you are not eligible for NHS continuing healthcare, you may still be able to get some help with your nursing care free of charge. This is known as NHS-funded nursing care.

Care at Home

There are a number of factors that can affect how much you pay for personal care and it can vary depending on the provider.

Please click here to find out more

Residential Care Costs:

Care home fees will vary depending on the area, the individual care home itself, plus your own personal financial circumstances.

For more information click here


Other Helpful Links:

AGE UK  Factsheet: Paying for Permanent Residential Care

Citizens Advice: When the NHS can pay for ongoing care

Updated 25/08/2021