St. Mark’s Studios, 14 Chillingworth Road, Islington, London, N7 8QJ
- 0300 304 7000
SANE provides emotional support and information to anyone affected by mental illness, including families, friends and carers.
Our mental health support services are completely confidential. Whatever your problems or concerns, you will receive non-judgemental emotional support. Our professional staff and trained volunteers have specialist mental health knowledge; we can help you consider options for support that address your individual circumstances.
Our services and support options are designed to provide a range of ways of getting and giving support, and considering self-help and self-management strategies.
They also encourage you to feel part of the wider SANE community as we work together to address the complexities of mental ill-health including stigma, exclusion and isolation, as well as the daily challenges of living with mental illness.
SANE services and support options
- Helpline: Available on 0300 304 7000 from 4:30pm – 10:30pm every evening
- Textcare: Allows you to arrange for messages of support at times that are right for you
- Support Forum: Available 24 hours a day to share your experiences with other members and give and receive mutual support
- Letters: You can write to us at SANE Services, St. Mark’s Studios, 14 Chillingworth Road, Islington, London, N7 8QJ
- Facebook and Twitter: Our social media communities are a good source of contact, support and sharing. (Click links on left hand menu.) You can see all the content even if you don’t have a Facebook or Twitter account yourself.
- Stories: Share your stories, experiences and feelings. You may help others by doing so, as well as helping yourself by releasing and sharing feelings and emotions.
- Blogs: Share experiences, thoughts and opinions; invite others to comment and share their thoughts.
NB: Our SANEmail service is currently being reviewed to make it more interactive and collaborative, and to provide a better service for you. It will be available again as soon as possible.
SANE Services and Confidentiality
We pride ourselves at SANE on our confidential services where people can confide in us about their mental health and receive help, support, guidance and information either for their own mental health or for help with supporting someone else.
However, there are times when we have to adhere to the law and break confidentiality because something we are told makes us think someone under the age of 18 or a vulnerable adult is at risk.
We don’t break confidentiality lightly and we will always make as thorough an assessment as we can. We will always aim to involve you in any assessment we make and will always try and tell you before we share information you have told us with another agency.
SANE Services and Age Restrictions
SANE Services are for people aged 16 or over. For more information please click here.