To create, develop and sustain a parent forum on the Isle of Wight representing parents and carers of children with SEN and/or disabilities that will :
- Champion our children’s access to opportunities that help them to thrive and reach their full potential, and
- Work with providers (e.g. Local Authority) and other organisations to raise standards and improve support and services for our children and their families.
- To help shape and improve existing services and participate in the planning of new and future initiatives for children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities.
- To promote parent participation in the planning and delivery of services.
- To build the skills and knowledge base of the parents/carers so that they can
confidently raise awareness of our children’s needs and promote recognition of the role of parents.
- To be representative and gather the views of other parents and carers on the Isle of Wight and to secure the support of all the objectives above.