01983 823898

If you have a problem with noise in your neighbourhood you can take action. Your options depending upon the seriousness of the problem.

What can I do about noisy neighbours?

At first, you could make a friendly and informal approach to the people who are responsible for making the noise to try to speak to them about the problem they are causing. They may not be aware that what they are doing is disturbing you. You could also make a joint approach with your other neighbours, if you have talked about it with them and they are having the same problem.

Citizens Advice: Neighbourhood Disputes

The Environmental Health Service deals with a wide range of noise and nuisance problems including those listed below:

  • Barking Dogs.
  • Bonfires.
  • Car Alarms.
  • Construction site noise or dust pollution.
  • DIY Work .
  • Intruder Alarms.
  • Loud music/Parties.
  • Noise from Commercial Premises.
  • Noise from Pubs and Clubs.
  • Odour from commercial premises.
  • Light.
  • Insects.