01983 823898

You might get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) if you became ill or are disabled because of an accident or disease either:

  • at work
  • on an approved employment training scheme or course

The amount you may get depends on your individual circumstances.

Gov.UK:Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit

What you’ll get:

The level of your disability will affect the amount of benefit you may get. This will be assessed by a ‘medical advisor’ on a scale of 1 to 100%.

Normally you must be assessed as 14% disabled or more to get the benefit.

All amounts are a guide only.

To see what you may be entitled to please click here

Am I Eligible?

You may be able to claim Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) if:

  • you were employed when the accident or event happened
  • you were on an approved employment training scheme or course when the accident or event happened
  • the work accident or event that caused your illness or disability happened in England, Scotland or Wales

To find out more visit gov.uk/industrial-injuries-disablement-benefit/eligibility

How do I claim?

You’ll need to fill in and post a claim form.

The form comes with notes that:

  • help you fill it in
  • tell you where to send it

Download and print a claim form by clicking here

To find out more visit gov.uk/industrial-injuries-disablement-benefit-further-information

If you are unsure whether or not you qualify for industrial injuries disablement benefit please contact your local Citizens Advice


Citizens Advice IOW

Adviceline: 0800 144 88 48 (free)

Textphone: 18001 0800 144 8884

*Adviceline is open 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday