01983 823898

Applying for Social Housing

If you are looking for a home with a Housing Association on the Isle of Wight, you will need to register with the IW Council Housing & Family Support Service and then bid for homes on HomeFinder.

Supporting People is a programme that funds housing related support services. To get help from Supporting People, a person would need to speak to someone like their care manager or health worker. This person would then decide if Supporting People help is needed, and if it is will complete a referral form. The Supporting People team at the Isle of Wight Council are responsible for the commissioning and monitoring of housing related support services on the Isle of Wight.

Mutual Exchanges

If you already have an assured tenancy with a council or Housing Association, you may be able to make a swap or Mutual Exchange. You can do this online via the Homeswapper website.

Housing for Young People

If you are aged between 16 and 25, single, homeless, at risk of homelessness or in housing need, living in temporary accommodation or leaving local authority care you may be eligible for supported housing at The Foyer or another smaller unit.

Housing options for people leaving the Armed Forces, veterans and their families

Information for people who are about to leave the armed forces, veterans and dependents, on finding accommodation. Covers sources of help and care homes for veterans and disabled ex-service personnel.

Click here for more information

Citizens Advice: Renting a Home