A personal budget aims to change the way in which services are assessed for, funded and arranged. It gives you more control and choice over the help you receive. Direct Payments are a way of paying for care and support services such as care in the home, day services or respite care.
You can use direct payments for anything that meets those needs, for example:
- employ your own care workers
- buy services from a voluntary or private agency
- buy equipment or pay for home adaptations
- purchase other types of support to meet your assessed needs
- get to a café to meet your friends, a place of worship, or other places that are important to you.