Step 4 of the roadmap started 19th July 2021
Now that England moved to step 4 of the roadmap, the Government will continue to manage the risk of serious illness from the spread of the virus. This will mark a new phase in the Government’s response to the pandemic, moving away from stringent restrictions on everyone’s day-to-day lives, towards advising people on how to protect themselves and others, alongside targeted interventions to reduce risk. To do this, the Government will:
- Reinforce the country’s vaccine wall of defence through booster jabs and driving take up.
- Enable the public to make informed decisions through guidance, rather than laws.
- Retain proportionate test, trace and isolate plans in line with international comparators.
- Manage risks at the border and support a global response to reduce the risk of variants emerging globally and entering the UK.
- Retain contingency measures to respond to unexpected events, while accepting that further cases, hospitalisations and deaths will occur as the country learns to live with COVID-19.
More information on these changes can be found on the gov.uk website.
Key source of information for the public use:
NHS Test and Trace:
We are asking people who have had a positive test for COVID-19 (or their parents or guardians), and those who may have had contact with people who have tested positive, to provide some vital information to help us understand and slow the spread of infection. This is called contact tracing and is a very effective method of protecting people and slowing the spread of infectious diseases like coronavirus.
For NHS Test and Trace Please Click Here
Is someone you know finding the ‘new normal’ challenging to navigate?
Age Friendly Island and its partners have created a set of ‘Out & About’ Cards to help people to feel more confident to navigate social distancing and other Covid-secure measures that are now in place. For more information click here.
Other Accredited Sources Of Information:
Latest from the NHS please click here
If you are asked to self-isolate please click here
Supported living services during coronavirus click here
For providing home care during coronavirus click here
For general guidance for employers and businesses on providing advice to staff click here
For the latest foreign travel advice please click here
Citizens Advice IOW:
Other Helpful Links: