01983 823898

When to make a complaint:
If you are not happy with the service or goods that you have received you can make a complaint, or in some cases you may be able to return the goods and secure a refund. You should check with the organisation directly to see if they have a complaints procedure, which you can usually find on their website. There are some useful tips below on how to write a good complaint letter to make sure you get all of the issues across effectively and get the best outcome.

How to complain effectively:

Most organisations have a customer services department that you can direct any issues or complaints to, if not contact the head of the organisation.

  • Act quickly. This gives the organisation an opportunity to try to fix the problem for you
  • Keep all evidence of your transaction with the organisation – this could include receipts, dates and times of phone calls, a record of who you spoke to on each occasion, quotations contracts, emails, a guarantee or warranty
  • Any supporting evidence of your complaint. This could include photographs or video footage of any damaged products

There are four main ways to complain:

  • in person
  • by telephone
  • by letter
  • online or via email

Trading standards services are delivered by your local authority and consumer concerns should be reported to the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133.

Other Helpful Links:

Create and download a letter to help with your problem, using one of Citizens Advice interactive sample letters. – click here to access

Citizens Advice IOW

Call Adviceline on 03444 111 444*

*Adviceline is open 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday.