Anybody in a caring role is entitled to a carer’s assessment. The assessment will help to identify what support may be required to aid you in your caring responsibilities. It will look at:
- the help needed by the person you are providing care for
- the help you are providing
- the support you need for your life outside of caring (such as work, education, family life, social life, your own health and wellbeing)
- the service(s) other organisations might be able to provide
- the service(s) the council may provide
The assessment will consider the impact the care and support you provide is having on your own wellbeing, as well as important aspects of your life, including the things you want to achieve day-to-day. It will also consider other important issues, such as whether you are able or willing to carry on caring, whether you work or want to work and whether you want to study. When the assessment is complete, we will decide whether your carer needs are eligible for support.
How Do I Apply?
You can complete a carers self-assessment online by clicking here
Alternatively you can contact Carers IW who will be able to support you to complete this assessment and will arrange to meet you at a time and place suitable for you.
Address: Carers Office, Riverside Centre, The Quay, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 2QR
Telephone: 01983 533173
Email: [email protected]